Think Green - Think Geothermal
Gallant’s Artesian Wells is now offering in conjunction with Midnight Oil Company cost effective and energy saving geothermal heating and cooling systems. We specialize in the installation ground heat exchangers for geothermal systems. We can either refer to Midnight Oil or work in conjunction with your internal geothermal heat and cooling contractor for your complete system.
Why Consider Geothermal?
Geothermal systems are one of the most cost effective and environmental friendly heating and cooling solutions available. Geothermal systems extract the heat from the earth to provide economical heat and cooling to your home or commercial building in the winter and summer respectfully, keeping you comfortable year round.
Because Geothermal energy derives from energy from the earth it has become the "green" heating and cooling alternative of choice because it is natural, clean, renewable, reliable, efficient and inexpensive to operate. Geothermal can be used in residential and commercial applications, in new construction as well as in existing homes or businesses. Geothermal systems are extremely reliable and efficient and can cut your heating and cooling costs by as much as 70% over conventional heating & cooling systems. Another significant benefit is that it will provide your hot water at no extra cost.
Geothermal heat pumps offer unmatched benefits over traditional heating and cooling systems, including:
- Reduced operating costs: Can cut heating and cooling cost by 50 to 80% compared to conventional heating & cooling systems. Never buy oil, propane or natural gas again.
- Lower maintenance costs: All equipment is protected indoors or underground.
- Last longer: A geothermal system can have a life expectancy of up to 30 years; ground loops are often warranted for up to 50 years.
- Single system: Geothermal equipment provides both heating and cooling in one system.
- Indoor comfort: Geothermal systems eliminate the drafts common with conventional forced-air systems.
- Design flexibility: Geothermal systems can be easily and inexpensively subdivided or expanded to fit building remodeling or additions.
- Energy efficiency: A geothermal heat pump can move more than three units of heat energy for every one unit of electrical energy used to power the system.
- Safety: No combustion of fossil fuels eliminating the dangers of gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Environmental impact: Ground-source heat is naturally renewable and non-polluting
Donít let the Cost Scare You!
Installation of a geothermal system usually runs 25% - 40% higher than conventional heating and cooling systems. With the 30% Energy Star tax credit, along with the significantly reduce operating cost, a geothermal system can usually provide a complete buy back in less than 10 years. Once paid for your operating cost other than electric is free. No more reliance on fossil fuels.
For more information on geothermal heat pump systems visit energysavers.gov. For information on the Energy Star tax credit click here.